Wednesday 7 March 2012

Make it mum's day

Some little ideas for little budgets this Mother's Day





Tea time
This is what we did last year... we brought mum and high tea to our house. Complete with triangular sandwiches and our best cake stand, it was really fun do get out the good china and convert our lounge into a fine establishment. Mum appreciated the effort too, if I do this again I'm going to get Squiggle doing a bit of waitressing!






I Owe You Vouchers! 
I think this is a great idea for the children of the house.
I've seen them in shops but I think it's lovely to make your
own and add more personal vouchers that you know mum
would love, Dads are you listening?
I know I'd love a few lie-in vouchers!

Video message
My mum is all high tech and loving it after getting an iPad2 for Christmas (she is much cooler than me). I'm going to try and get my little one to record a video message and hopefully a song and email it. That way she'll have a nice surprise waiting in her inbox on Mother's Day.




Alternative hamper
Instead of flowers I'm thinking of making a cream tea hamper, full of home baked scones, some nice jam, strawberries, clotted cream and a little bottle of champagne.



Anyone else got any good ideas? I want to learn how to make cake pops! x

No comments:

Post a Comment