Friday 30 March 2012

Our garden favourite



Last summer I brought a foam hopscotch set in the Early Learning Centre sale. If you're looking for some outdoor toy ideas I have to say this was such a great buy. 


Squiggle still can't hop (bless) but it hasn't stopped her having fun with it! She was about 1 and a half when we first got the set and she loved running up and down the squares and helping me puzzle the pieces together. I was completely taken aback one day when I realised she had started recognising the numbers. I said aloud that I needed the 8 and she got it for me. It shows you they are learning all the time even when you're not thinking about it, little ones are amazing little sponges! 


Now at 2 and a half we have a new game. We've started hiding the numbers round the garden and she collects them in order. I've also been trying to place the numbers in rhyming scenarios... number 4 on the door, number 8 on the gate (I struggle with 7!) She lives this and is always asking to play it, it's all she wants to do in the garden!


We love it!


Anyone else got any great garden toys they can recommend?
Can anyone think of anything in the garden that rhymes with 7?! xx



4 comments:

  1. sounds like a great learning game, there's only a few words that rhyme with 7, Heaven of course, leaven, Devon, ok thats a stretch haha. I find my daughter (20 months) doing things I haven't taught her that she's just copied - having to be very careful now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic bowls are great! Not talking from expereince with my little one ... I love them. I'm at a loss to think of a rhyme for 7 :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that is a good idea!! Bet she'd love that, I was considering a little football net too!

      Delete