Wednesday 27 February 2013

The ups & downs of 38 week bump


So here I am, only a few days away from 39 weeks and a strange thing has happened... I feel like I am going backwards! My daughter would already have been born by this point and I thought I might find it depressing going over that point but I don't at all, it would have felt too soon really. Last week was my final week at work and I felt really tired and emotional and like I might pop at any moment. I was so relieved to finish and know that I would be closer to home in case anything did happen.

I am now half way through my first week of leave and bump seems to have chilled out and moved up (yes up) again. It looks and feels much higher than it did last week, I am in reverse! Not sure what is going on? Maybe it's the calm of being at home and me enjoying a bit of time with my little girl that has relaxed it. I am comfortable enough at the moment so not too worried but ask me the same question in a week or 3 and we'll see what I say! It's only nights that are the problem with about 4 toilet stops and it takes a lot of effort to get out of my bed... I usually find myself awake from 5am to about 6.30 thinking about baby names. So annoying when you are so tired and trying to stock up that sleep!

At my last midwife appointment they said the head isn't engaged yet but the midwife did say that can happen a lot more suddenly with the second and that you won't notice such a drop. Did anyone else find this with the second child?

I'm off to buy some pineapple juice just for a bit of encouragement anyway. :D x

No comments:

Post a Comment